Clients 401: Working with Hoarders
As a Professional Organizer, you may already be working with hoarders – even if it is not your specialty. 2-5% of Americans fall under the category of hoarders, so there is a large group of people out there who need your help.
Working with hoarders can be a very challenging task for a Professional Organizer. If you are ready for the challenge, this course will provide you with everything you need to know to work successfully with hoarders and manage hoarding projects.
Here’s what we’ll cover:
• What is hoarding?
• Why work with hoarders
• How to find hoarding clients
• Performing a consultation at a hoarder’s home
• Using The Clutter-Hoarding Scale
• Types of hoarding projects
• Handling hoarding clients and situations
• Determining if a hoarder is the right type of client for you
Course length: 30 minutes